Okay, I blatantly ripped that off from Carmen but since she’s been off gallivanting around Lord knows where for as long as I have known, whatcha gonna do about it? Yeah, that’s what I thought!
Anyway, it’s been a good minute (or a trillion, but whose counting?) since my last post and for that I apologize. You see, my life has kinda been in a rut. I am not as excited about anything anymore, all I seem to want to do lately is sleep and read. I get exhausted so much more and I wish I knew why. To put it blunt, I got no mo rhythm. I have been uninspired lately and who wants to read about that? So instead of posting, I just stopped. I told myself that once I got better, I would be back posting away amazing things, making people laugh and cry and feel things, because that’s what I like to read. But, instead of getting better, I just lazed around the house and tucked this into the far corner of my brain so I wouldn’t feel guilty about neglecting yet another thing of mine. But, here I am.
To fill you in on what has been going on lately, here goes.
- M is back! I am not sure if I told you guys that already or not. If I did, well just erase that from your memory and get re-excited with me! If I haven’t, well now you know! It is very exciting! She came home the day before Thanksgiving. My heart has been so happy for that!
- I got a sewing machine from “Santa”, I am trying to learn how to refashion clothes, I am already an avid Goodwill and thrift store shopper. I have gone through the http://refashionista.net/ blog 3 times now! (I am trying my darnedest to tag her page here and I can’t! I am a failureeeeee!!!!) I have also been pouring through the Renegade Seamstress’s amazing blog as well. Seriously, if you want a fantastic blog to read, check hers out! (https://chicenvelopements.wordpress.com/) *If someone can help me link these two ladie’s blog I will bake you cookies!
- I set a hearty goal for myself to read 100 books this year! I have already read 6 (and yes, before you ask, they are adult sized novels. No namby-pamby baby books here!) And I am between 4 books at the moment… yeah, I am one of those people who read more than one book at a time! I am a monster!
- I will be (hopefully) going back to school in the fall, so I can wrap up my A.A degree so I can start on another chapter of my life! Anyone wanna donate to the “Kaylie Needs to Finish School” Fund? Anyone???
- I am trying to work on being a happier/not so anxious person. It is incredibly difficult.
So there you have it, even though I haven’t been posting, I have been busy. I promise to post more, even if not that many people read this. I do however appreciate those that do! That’s all for this post, folks! Be on the lookout for me!
*That’s a picture of me and my Barka-doodle