Tonight the whole world of at least the U.S.OF A will count down to midnight, throw confetti in the air like they just don’t care, (which they will probably be at someone else’s home so I wouldn’t care either) kiss the closest thing that’s near them, (people, cats, lamps) and make up tons of new and improved resolutions that they will
totally actually keep this year!!!! Are you one of those people? Do you make resolutions only to break them 17 days later? (Hey, at least you made it that far.) well look no further, I come baring the knowledge to never mess up a resolution ever again.
Just kidding. Sorry. No. Actually every year that I can remember I have made a New Year’s resolution to
NEVER MAKE ONE AGAIN. And guess what, I am breaking that today. Or tonight I guess. Whatever, I guess the timing doesn’t matter. I have been thinking, this year has been so incredibly different for me. I started a new career, (It is pretty boss),had an impressive car accident 3 weeks before my wedding, got married (yay!!!) started a blog (you are welcome!). So why not try something different too? I mean, what do I have to lose? Except my self respect (did you sing the song too when you read that? Thank you Aretha) but hey, whose really keeping track? Not me! So I have decided that I will make some “resolutions” for myself.
- Read more. I read every spare chance I get but I will make it work.
- Sleep more. ^ That also applies, we will see how it evens out.
- Listen to a new band or song at least once a week.
- Delve deeper into the Word of God.
- Work out consistently for more then just 2 weeks. If I make it to 3 I will be happy.
- Be happier. Smile more. Stay calm.
- Write at least 100 letters to my best friend who is leaving this weekend to go on an 11 month mission trip.
- Call my Gramps at least once a month. He gets antsy if I call to often, apparently I talk too much?
- Work harder at my marriage. That goes without an explanation.
- Maybe graduate college finally? Maybe?
- Get more tattoos. (Sorry Manda. I have to beat Mary.)
- Finally, own every single Disney Princess movie. Ever. Or just Disney movies in general.
So there you have it. I plan on making a slight change in my life. I don’t think I will fail though. You see, when you tell yourself you plan on doing all these outlandish things and you don’t, you get stuck in a rut and think you can’t do anything right. I have been there and done that and I told myself no more. Pick some things you know you want to do and do them.
Oh and, to 2014 I got two words for you,